Tuesday, February 2, 2010

She is slowing fading away

I saw my mom today. I went after lunch and she was laying in her bed. Normally, she is up in her wheelchair. She looked so old in her bed. She didn't look comfortable at all. She did tell me she loves me and I told her to rest. She said, "ok." I try not to think anything of it. But with dementia, things can change so fast. I am hoping this is just a funk and she will be better on Thursday. I have a care mtg with the staff at the nursing home. At almost 35, these are things I never thought I would be dealing with and yet here I am. I am grateful that God is walking with me through this and many times, carrying me. I pray He is holding all the lost memories and thoughts in His hands until Heaven. I just wish I could see the healing on this side of Heaven. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment