Friday, February 26, 2010

Little Glimpses

Today was a good day for my mom. She was in great spirits. When I got to the nursing home, she was resting in her wheelchair. I don't ever wake her up. I just wait. She opened her eyes and I said "Hi, Mom." She said, "I love you." Most of the time she says that after I have said it, but today she said it first. Then she said it many times. I also get "you are so sweet." I think God gives me these days to hold on to when the bad ones come and to show me that she isn't completely gone because of the dementia. It also helps on those days when all of a sudden it hits me that my mom is slowly fading away. But I truly believe that God holds in His big hands all the lost thoughts and memories. She will one day be fully restored. But until that day, I will enjoy and cherish the little glimpses He gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment