Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love

Mom seems to be better. I think she was reacting to the decrease in medicine. Now, she is more alert and back to herself. One of the nurses from floor 2 was on her floor this weekend. Amelia said that mom recognized her voice right away. I took her to church as usual. She was so cute. She hummed right along to all the songs. She still knows them. She might not be able to remember the words, but she can still enjoy the music. I am grateful for that. I want her to always remember God. It makes her happy to hear the music. She had the biggest smile on her face.

Growing up I always felt loved by my mom. Sometimes I felt she loved me too much and because of that was to protective. But I am glad that she was, now that I am older. I am glad that she always told me and showed me her love because that I can hold onto. But I stop to think what it must be like for God to see her. I think His heart breaks. I wonder if He cries when I cry for her. But I remember these verses and I know that He loves her so much!

Psalm 139:1-2
Oh Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.

Psalm 139:16
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

John 10:27-28
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch the away from me.

Romans 9:38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angles nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow-not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above nor in the earth below-indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God.

These verses are a reminder that no matter how bad her memory gets, God knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment