Sunday, May 30, 2010

Seems like a lifetime ago...

I came across old papers of my mom's. We have been cleaning and trying to organize our house. I acquired all her paperwork and have been going through it all. Some of the paperwork was from her old townhome that we moved into in 1990. I can still see the place so clearly. We used to walk a certain path when the weather started to get nice. She was healthy and able to do everything on her own. It seems like a lifetime ago.

When she moved into Heather Gardens, we used to walk together. She used to walk around the whole property which I think was 2.5 miles, if I remember correctly. She loved to look at the flowers. We always liked to take walks together. That was one of the things we would do after I had to move her to Assisted Living. We would walk around the neighborhood and look at the flowers. That was just 3 years ago and yet, it seems like a lifetime ago.

Now, she doesn't walk anymore, but she still like flowers. We talk about them a lot especially since I work for a florist. I miss those old walks. I miss those times we shared together. Now, I walk and push her in her wheelchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment