Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day



Before my mom became sick with dementia, I would have been looking for something Thomas Kinkade to get her or a special artwork about being a mom. I don't remember what was the last gift I gave her before she got sick. Now, that she is sick, the gifts are more simple. She no longer can read or see pictures very well. The dementia is affecting her vision. So, this year I made her a corsage with her favorite colors, pink and purple. I will take her to church and spend time with her. She won't really know the significance of the day, but just like with my birthday...I just want to see her. So, here are some pictures of my mom earlier in her life.

Things about my mom I like to remember. She had an unwavering faith. She prayed and read her bible every morning for an hour. Her and I have the same sense of humor, If you fall in front of us, we laugh. WE would always laugh if we were moving furniture. She loved to go to the mountains for vacation, but condo vacations, not camping. She used to make clothes for my sister and I when we were young. We would always go to craft shows after Thanksgiving. She was the best at writing cards and letters. I am so glad I kept them all.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment