Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just some of my thoughts.....

My mom was having a good day today. She was at exercise class when I got there and she gets so excited to play with the big yellow exercise ball. It is getting harder for her to pick it up as she is losing the use of her left hand. The only way to fix it is through surgery. You really don't want to put someone with the severe dementia that my mom has through surgery. Luckily it isn't her eating hand. It is just another reminder that you don't get better when you have dementia. But she still has a sweet spirit and I love that.

God continues to take care of her. I switched her over to a new insurance plan that will give her better coverage. There will be a NP that comes to visit once a week and will contact me with any changes. But the nice thing is that he calls once a month for a chat to make sure we are all on the same page. It is a total God thing and I don't know that I would have known about this health plan had she gone to a different place. She has a great roommate and I have learned some of the other residents names. I always make sure to say hi to them because I don't know if they have family that comes to visit them.

As Easter approaches, I am reminded of when my mom would hide Easter baskets for us. We would have to find them. But that never over shadowed the real reason for Easter. I wish I could tell her..."mom, I get it. I get why you prayed and read your Bible for an hour each morning I get why you worried about us in this world. I get why you hung on to Jesus with all your heart. I get it." Oh, how I wish I could see her healed on this side of Heaven. But I know He holds her now more then ever. I do wonder if He cries over her? Does He cry over his children that are sick because we live in a fallen world? Does he cry when I cry because I miss her so? But I thank Him that I was given a faithful follower of Christ for a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment