Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Comfort

Comfort is one of that word that would describe what my mom was to me growing up. She was there with me when I had my tonsils removed, staying overnight in the hospital. When my parent's divorced I would sleep on the floor in her room and it made me feel a little better. Even when I was older, I would find myself sleeping on her floor if I was having a hard time. A hug from her or encouraging words would always help me feel better when dealing with a broken heart. I miss that about her. Sometimes, I still need the comfort she would bring. I don't think you are ever too old for the comfort of your mother.

I hope that maybe now, I bring her comfort in her current state. I always hope that when I am there with her, she is a little more relaxed. Maybe my presence brings the same feelings of safety, that she brought me. I wish that when I sat with her, I would feel her comfort again. I wish when I sat with her, that I would feel that everything is okay. But life is so different now with her being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment