Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom.






Today is my mom 62nd birthday. It is hard to believe how fast time goes. It is hard to believe we have been dealing with the dementia for 7 years. This time last year, we were celebrating at the assistant living house and she was walking. Now, we are celebrating in a nursing home and she is not walking.


My mom always liked to go for Chinese food on her birthday. We had a specific restaurant that we always went to. I would usually get her some artwork from Thomas Kinkade. Today, all I got her was a cake. But she enjoyed it. She doesn't really understand or remembers gifts. It is very hard and sad at times.

Today reminds me of Psalm 139...

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my mom's body
and knit her together in her mother's womb.
Thank you for making her so wonderfully complex.
Your workmanship is marvelous-How well you know it.
You watched her as she was being formed in utter seclusion,
as she was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw her even before she was born.
Every day of her life was recorded in Your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

I also remind myself that God holds her lost memories in His hand and they will be restored one day.

Happy Birthday, Sweet mom. Oh, how I miss you. Oh, how I wish we could go enjoy some chinese food and talk about life.


















No comments:

Post a Comment